SHISH TAWOOK IS A TRADITIONAL MIDDLE EASTERN GRILLED MARINATED CHICKEN DISH THAT IS INCREDIBLY QUICK AND SIMPLE TO PREPARE.
• 1kg SEARA Chicken Breast
• 1 Cup Plain Whole Yogurt
• 2 Teaspoons Paprika
• ½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
• 1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon
• 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
• ¾ Teaspoon Salt
• ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
• 5 Garlic Cloves, Minced
• Fresh Lemon Zest
• 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (Freshly Squeezed)
• 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
• Vegetable Oil for Greasing the Grill
NOTE: Seara Chicken Breast is 100% pure meat protein with no added water. To tenderize the meat, we suggest marinating the chicken in yogurt and leaving in the fridge overnight before cooking.
• Cut the Seara chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and add to a large bowl with all the ingredients. Mix until chicken is well coated. Cover and leave to marinate overnight in the fridge to fully absorb the flavours and to ensure tender and juicy pieces of meat.
• When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the fridge and thread the marinated pieces onto your skewers. Remember to reserve the marinade if you wish to make a sauce.
• Heat the grill to medium temperature. When hot, place the skewers onto the grill and cook for around 15 minutes, or until the juices run clear when you prick the meat.
• If you want sauce over your kebabs, bring the leftover marinade to the boil, add a teaspoon of cornstarch and stir until it thickens. Then drizzle over the grilled chicken.
• Serve hot with Arabic bread or with rice & grilled vegetables